Rear Light Guards for the bumper lights on the Land Rover Discovery 1.
Made from thick laser cut and bent steel for strength and rigidity, and powder coated in a matt black finish for corrosion protection and a high class look. These guards will protect the vulnerable rear lights while still allowing you to change bulbs and do maintenance from behind. Price is for a set (1x left and 1x right hand side).
Actual product may vary to images due to product enhancement.
- Loosen the rear corner bumperettes by loosening the 2x M8 bolts on the inside of the bumperette. Slide the bumperette to the side to give space.
- Mark and drill 4x holes with an M5 drill bit to match the holes in the light protector.
- Mask off the area, and spray some paint in the newly drilled holes to protect from corrosion on the bumper.
- Pop rivet the guards into place.
- Slide the bumperettes back into their original place and tighten the bolts.
- Some models of Discovery may require you to trim the plastic bumperettes slightly with a Stanley knife to allow the bumperettes to slide over the guards for a tighter, snug fit.